Building Influential Relationships
To develop effective negotiating and influencing skills that can be applied in a variety of work related situations.
Who Would Benefit
Managers and employees at all levels who need to develop their ability to influence and persuade people both internally and externally, which will enable them to nurture more productive relationships and outcomes.
- Better equipped and more competent staff, with the ability to influence and persuade people both internally and externally.
- Reduction of adversarial relationships within the business.
- Increased potential for win-win outcomes during day to day interactions with people.
- Greater understanding of how to nurture more productive relationships and outcomes.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Explain the significance and impact of negotiating/influencing skills for their role.
- Reflect on their current approach and gain additional insight into the effect this is likely to have on others.
- Apply feedback on their preferred influencing style, enabling them to consider the personal improvements necessary for the future.
- Apply a range of best practice tools and techniques to help negotiate, persuade and influence effectively.
- Produce a personal performance improvement plan to assist the transfer of improvements into the work environment.
- Delegates current approach to influencing and negotiating
- Negotiating styles profile
- Introduction to the persuasive communication model
- Review of pre-work questionnaire
- Negotiating group exercise
- Team negotiating exercise
- Personal behavioural feedback
- Influence and persuasion styles
- Individual role-plays
- Action planning learning and commitments
The services of professional actors are used during day 2 of the programme to practice the skills/techniques in a safe learning environment.
- 2 days