The Leadership Challenge® Workshop
The workshop is immensely practical and hands-on. All the development tools, group activities and individual exercises are designed to help aspiring and accomplished leaders improve their effectiveness in a leadership role.
The Leadership Challenge® workshop uses the Exemplary Leadership model (as introduced in Increasing Organisational Effectiveness III) as a structure. The agenda of the two-day workshop is based around seven components, including five independent sessions that focus specifically on each of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®.
Each module describes the practice, reviews the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) items related to that practice, and ends with tools and techniques which each delegate applies to a current leadership challenge of their own. Each delegate then prepares a plan of action to apply key learnings back in their workplace. This enables them to implement the new leadership practices on the job, immediately following the Workshop.
Upon completing the The Leadership Challenge® Workshop participants will be able to:
- Apply the lessons learned in the workshop to current organisational challenges.
- Identify the frequency of their personal leadership behaviors, as measured by the Leadership Practices Inventory.
- Express their image of the future linked to the mission.
- Inspire others to share a common vision.
- Clarify and communicate their fundamental values and beliefs.
- Set the example for others by aligning their actions with shared values.
- Search for opportunities to change and improve.
- Experiment with innovative ideas and learn from accompanying mistakes.
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust.
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel.
- Recognise the accomplishments of others.
- Your live Leadership Challenge
- Personal best leadership experience
- The five practices of exemplary leadership
- The leadership practices inventory reflecting on your LPI
- Characteristics of admired leaders
- Values clarity and commitment
- How one leader models the way
- Set the example by aligning actions with values
- Powerful times, powerless times
- Enable others to act
- One leader who strengthens others
- Developing competence
- Experiencing collaboration
- Meaningful recognition
- The four essentials of encouraging the heart
- How one leader encourages the heart
- Create action plans to apply new learnings to current organisational challenges
- Next steps
2 Day Workshop