Step 2 - Business Planning and Marketing
The purpose of The Business Planning / Marketing Workshop is to develop an appropriate organisational Business Development / marketing plan / approach which supports the achievement of the strategic vision. We facilitate this process by asking delegates to consider and respond to a range of Business Development / Marketing topics. This enables delegates to develop and personalise their Business Development / Marketing plans in a structured way and develop a 'best practice approach' to Business Development / Marketing business planning.
- Revisit outputs from Step 1 - Vision & Strategy, (if appropriate).
- Understand and clarify what our customers needs and desires are.
- Understand what we want our customers to experience when dealing with our organisation and why.
- Identify our USPs (Unique Selling Propositions)
- Conduct a SWOT & Frustrations analysis for our organisation in line with the vision and desired outcomes.
- Explore and provide answers to key Business Development & Commercial Marketing business plan topics.
- Share 'best working practices' from within each business area that add value towards achieving the strategic vision.
- Explore what a good Business Development / Commercial Marketing business plan looks like.
- Formulate a narrative (the How) against agreed best practice Business Development / Commercial Marketing business plan headings.
- Establish methods to obtain additional feedback from our customers to enable us to better understand their needs
The Business Planning / Marketing Workshop is Step 2 from the Six Steps for Sustainable Growth. The Six Steps are intended as a guide. Steps within the process can be used in isolation as stand-alone workshops. Alternatively, clients may choose to implement all Six Steps or focus on a number of priority Steps, based on the outcomes of a self-assessment analysis and consultation.
We personalise the content for each workshop from the Six Steps for Sustainable Growth, based on the explicit requirements of each client. Potential content for the Business Planning / Marketing Workshop includes:
- Review of Strategic Visioning Workshop to identify key areas for development within our business plans.
- The Change Model.
- Open Systems Model.
- Identification of Customer Needs and USPs.
- What we want our customers to say about us.
- Moments of Truth.
- Current State - S.W.O.T and Frustrations analysis against Strategic Vision, meeting customer needs and USPs.
- S.W.O.T areas of priority.
- Issues on the Horizon.
- What does a good Business Development / Commercial Marketing plan look like? Development of key headings / structure / framework for inclusion.
- Exploring and providing answers to Business Development / Commercial Marketing business plan topics.
- Sharing best practice ideas.
- Forming Business Development / Commercial Marketing business plan narrative against agreed heading / structure / framework (The How).
- Next step - how do we move forward and communicate our plan?
2 day workshop.