To develop confidence and competence when facing commercial negotiation situations, resulting in enhanced business performance of client facing employees.
Who Would Benefit
Employees who interact directly with clients and/or prospective clients during commercial negotiations, and managers responsible for formally managing and monitoring the negotiation performance of their team.
- Provision of a tried and tested negotiation framework against which an employee can improve performance and results.
- Improved confidence and competence of employees whose objectives are to maximise results through interaction/working through others.
- A more consistent approach to negotiation.
- Employees who have a clearer understanding of what is required to achieve key milestones within the Negotiation sales process.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Profile the different personality behaviours of buyers and modify their own style to influence and shape outcome of discussions favourably.
- Describe organisational buying levels and how to gain influence and approval for the proposition at all levels.
- Explain how organisational buying levels interact internally.
- Be able to apply a range of Negotiation techniques that increase the likelihood of “Win-Win” outcomes.
- Explain the difference between a “Push” and “Pull” style of questioning, and how and when to use each technique to achieve the best outcome.
- Profile and prioritise a list of key objective outcomes for meetings, and design a structured pre-meeting plan-of-action.
- Describe primary and secondary concessions, and how to trade for maximum effect.
- Explain the difference between “Continuation” and “Advance”, and how to influence the transition from one to the other.
- Set up and follow through key action points from meetings and discussions, leading to improved performance.
- Meet with their line-manager on their return to the workplace to discuss their personal development plan and action plan.
- What is Negotiation? A Definition.
- Key principles of Negotiation.
- Personality profiling of buyers and how to modify personal style for maximum results.
- Understanding Organisational Buying Levels, their key drivers, and how to influence:
- Top Management
- Departmental Heads/Managers
- Key skills related to Negotiating a Win-Win outcome.
- Questioning styles – Push Vs Pull. Key differentiators. When and how to use each style.
- Pre-meeting key objective setting process.
- Primary and secondary concessions – their (real) value and how to use them for maximum effect.
- Skills practice - The Negotiation Game.
- Skills practice - Continuation and Advance.
- Concluding and following up on the Negotiation meeting.
- Review of pre-work questionnaire’s and feedback.
- Personal learning and commitments.
Individual role-plays will be conducted with the assistance of professional actors to simulate realistic business scenarios within a safe learning environment.
Due to the highly practical nature of the workshop, which includes substantial opportunities to practice skills and techniques during role-play activities, we recommended a maximum of 8 people attend this workshop.
- 2 days