Participants will be able to:
- Clearly define what is needed to achieve high productivity quickly.
- Manage key relationships productively.
- Adapt their personal style to achieve success in new situations.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have a clearer understanding of their current approach to managing and communicating
- Have a deeper understanding of the inter-personal dynamics that can result from taking over a new role as manager.
- Be able to recognise where and how their style can be modified and enhanced to suit their situation.
- Be able to apply new tools and techniques to assist them to make a positive impact quickly.
- Have developed a personal action plan and learning commitment statement that will assist them to transfer their new skills to their work situation.
- Defining good management practice
- The 5 key needs of a jobholder
- Role Set Analysis:
- Key relationships
- Key inputs and outputs
- Managing expectations and conflicts
- Managing Your Impact - the first 90 days
- Changing roles - team dynamics for the new manager
- Managing Objectives and Priorities
- Action Planning, Learning and Commitments
- Workshop evaluation
- 1 day