Leadership Team Development
In our experience, at the start of a project, leaders usually prefer to spend some time together as a team to:
1. clarify the issues facing the organisation,
2. develop plans to address those issues, and
3. receive some initial development themselves before involving other members of the management team.
- A clear and comprehensive assessment of the current state of the organisation. This is usually achieved by collecting 360° feedback from a range of members of staff, customers, members of the supply chain and other stakeholders.
- The development of a stretching vision for the organisation, in line with Leading Edge Best Practice.
- The development of a specific action/accountability plan to bridge the gap between the current state of the organisation and the newly developed vision.
- Clarifying the role of the leadership team.
We have found that using this approach as a precursor to the Increasing Organisation Effectiveness process, together with a detailed Organisation Development Plan, and involving Leadership Coaching, where necessary, is a highly effective combination that achieves a significant step change in leadership approach and effectiveness.
In some cases, additional work may be required to further develop the Strategy and Vision.