- A consistent approach in the way managers manage within the business.
- Managers with higher levels of the competence and confidence.
- Managers who are equipped with a range of tools and techniques to maximise the potential of their team members.
- Managers with clearly defined improvement plans for improving their department/team effectiveness.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Explain the role of management within any business to bring control and planned business improvements.
- Apply a systematic management framework that will ensure a consistent approach to management.
- Differentiate between management by control and leadership by commitment, and have insight into their own approach.
- Describe the key factors in developing an effective team.
- Introduce some key principles and key processes to improve the effectiveness of communication within teams and with individuals.
- Define a range of influence/persuasion techniques that enable managers to achieve win/win results in their interaction with staff and colleagues.
- Use tools and techniques to effectively manage the performance of team members.
- Understand key aspects of individual motivation to work and the impact managers can have on this.
- Individual objectives
- Establishing ground rules
- Picture modelling to determine current state
- Systematic management process
- Practical team exercises
- The ACL Leadership Model
- Effective communication
- Managing and leading
- Team briefing
- Motivation and empowerment of staff
- Managing the performance of people
- Practical team exercise
- Delegation process
- Influence and persuasion techniques
- Personal feedback
- Learning and commitments
- 3 days