Improving Business Results through Process Redesign
To provide an introduction on how to improve performance through Process Management and Process Improvement.
Who Would Benefit
Directors and managers who are responsible for business processes and seeking a breakthrough in performance in their area of responsibility, and/or striving to introduce a continuous improvement culture in their area of responsibility.
- Clarity on what really happens in your processes.
- Elimination and/or reduction of waste and non-value-adding activities.
- Reduced completion times.
- Reduced variability in performance.
- Involvement of employees in continuous improvement.
- Effective measures and standards.
- A strong base for effective training and multi-skilling.
- Significant financial savings.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Describe the importance of Processes and Processes Redesign in the context of business performance.
- Analyse a process to reduce waste and time.
- Map a Process.
- Explain why change attempts often fail and the importance of involving people in the improvement process.
- Conduct “walkthroughs” with people to gain their input and involvement.
- Explain the role of measurement in stimulating improved performance.
- Describe the importance Process Management in the context of their role as a manager.
- Understanding Processes and Process Management
- How to map a Process
- How to involve people in analysing the map to identify waste, costs, duplication, delays and variation
- How to redesign Processes for improved performance
- How to deduce effective measures
- Personal action planning on how to use the techniques for performance improvement back at work
- 2 days