Effective Recruitment Skills (Round Pegs in Round Holes)
To improve confidence and competence in handling the recruitment process in a structured way from start to finish, which increases the likelihood of successfully recruiting and inducting the right people throughout the business.
Who Would Benefit
All managers who are responsible for recruitment as part of their role.
- The ability to apply a structured approach to recruitment, selection and induction.
- A clear understanding of what is important at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Live practice of a variety of interview techniques, within a supportive environment.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Assess and determine their recruitment needs, and evaluate alternatives.
- Create a job framework and person specification.
- Identify the most appropriate option for attracting candidates.
- Choose methodically appropriate selection techniques prior to shortlisting candidates, including the use of appropriate psychometric testing.
- Plan, set up and run a structured interview effectively, having further developed their interview skills through a series of structured role-plays.
- Review and evaluate information to determine who will be selected for a job.
- Provide new employees with a structured induction programme to introduce them to the organisation, their department and their role, as well as a serve as a base for future appraisal, coaching, counselling and discipline.
- Identifying the recruitment need
- Job frameworks and person specifications
- Communicating the requirement
- Pre-interview planning and preparation
- Screening and shortlisting techniques
- Use and benefits of psychometric testing
- Interviewing theory and practice
- Candidate assessment process
- Getting the new employee up and running
- Interview role plays
- 2 days