He then set up and led the Consulting arm of one of the world’s largest Law firm’s DLA Piper where his own key areas of focus were Change Management, Employee Relations and HR Strategy and Re-Engineering.
Alongside his consultancy work for the last 4 years he has also been the Chairman of a major Charity in the North with a £13m turnover, which works with and supports socially excluded groups including ex-offenders and the homeless. He was also on the Governing Body of Leeds University.
He has led major organisational change projects in both the Private and Public Sectors working with KPMG he set up judge and auditing the UK’s HR Excellence Awards covering 9 categories majoring himself on Mergers and Acquisitions.
Colin's specific areas of focus are:
- Management of Change Programmes
- Merger and Acquisition Projects
- Management Development at all levels
- Executive Coaching
- Developing HR Strategy/Re-engineering HR functions
- Employee Relations/Union Negotiations
Colin has worked closely with the following companies:
- London & Scandinavian Metallurgical Company
- Hull University
- Legal & General
- Land Registry
- Stora Enso
- Scottish Association of Mental Health
- Prison Governors’ Association